1750-1830 the Lekwiltokw started a southward move into K’omoks territory, pushing the Ieeksun to join their relatives at Puntledge.
Captain George Vancouver encountered K’omoks people at Tsakwaluten.
The smallpox outbreak in 1862 saw about a 53% decline in K'omoks people.
1875 E&N Railway Act expropriates a large portion of KFN traditional territory and the land grant was completed without acknowledgement of KFN rights or title to traditional territory and failed to compensate them.
1876- JIRC confirms Comox IR#1
The Indian Act is forced upon all First Nations by the Canadian Government, to deal with the "Indian problem".
1878 JIRC adds two more reserves IR#2 and IR#3
1883 Comox Coal Fields developed which would alter KFN traditional territory forever.
In 1886 Franz Boas arrives in Comox. Boas was a famed anthropologist and ethnologist who studied the People of the North West Coast, and particulary the Kwakiutl.
Joe Nim Nim, the last Pentlatch speaker passes away.
In 1941 the Salmon River becomes K’ómoks IR#4.
1957 Chief Andy Frank organized a traditional ceremony to raise two totem poles at Lewis Park. The poles were arranged for by the Royal BC Museum, and carved by Mungo Martin, David Martin, and Henry Hunt. The Courtenay Board of Trade had previously acquired 2 poles believed to be carved by Chief Joe Wallace, but the poles became badly decayed before he could raise them. Rather than replicate the Wallace poles, Mungo created his own version of the same figures. Ancient songs and dances were performed, and many high-ranking First Nations people attended in ceremonial regalia.
The K’omoks Bighouse is constructed, only the 2nd on the Coast to be built since early times. It was originally located at Centennial Park, until 1974.
Until 1960, the only way a First Nations person could vote was to give up their status. In 1960 the federal government extended the vote to include all status Indians, thereby dropping the need to give up their status.